Final squads declared for Wellington Sevens
The final squads of 12 have been declared by the 16 international coaches ahead of the Sevens Wellington, to be played at the Westpac Stadium on 7-8 February.
The tournament in New Zealand is the fifth of nine rounds in the HSBC Sevens World Series 2013/14, which is fascinatingly poised with South Africa leading the overall title race from defending champions, New Zealand, by just one point.
Key men return for the hosts New Zealand, Tomasi Cama back from injury alongside Sherwin Stowers and Ben Lam with Akira Ioane set to make his debut.
South Africa also make two changes, as do the defending tournament champions, England.
All squad ins & outs by pool:
- Pool A profile: RSA, ENG, WAL, POR >>
- Pool B profile: NZL, FRA, FJI, ESP >>
- Pool C profile: CAN, ARG, SCO, USA >>
- Pool D profile: SAM, AUS, KEN, TGA >>
Canada, third place finishers in Las Vegas two weeks ago, kick off proceedings against Scotland at 13:00 local time (NZ), with New Zealand facing France in the last of the pool games at 21:56.
- WELLINGTON FIXTURES & POOLS >>
- Wellington Sevens Pool A: RSA, ENG, WAL, POR »
- Wellington Sevens Pool B: NZL, FRA, FJI, ESP »
- Wellington Sevens Pool C: CAN, ARG, SCO, USA »
- Wellington Sevens Pool D: SAM, AUS, KEN, TGA »
- Sevens Uncovered: The battle of the boot »
- My try with Oscar Ouma »
- Seven stars to watch in Wellington »
- Forbes: Perfect timing to come home »
- Brown: "Defence will win Wellington Sevens" »
- Turner back for England's Wellington defence »