Hawkins opts for US coach-only role in Dubai
Men’s Eagles Sevens head coach Matt Hawkins has selected his squad for the upcoming Emirates Dubai Rugby Sevens, and has left himself out of the 12.
At the first round of the HSBC Sevens World Series the USA struggled for form and eventually beat Portugal to the Shield, with Hawkins acting as player-coach.
Now the veteran of the set-up is set to act solely as coach of a youthful squad.
Pat Blair and Stephen Tomasin are recalled after impressing in Australia, while Folau Niua will join the team in Dubai after playing in the test match against the Russian Bears on Saturday.
Andrew Durutalo, Nick Edwards and Zack Test are among the more experienced members of the team, with Miles Craigwell, Carlin Isles and Brett Thompson also included.
The Eagles start in arguably the toughest of the pools with England, Fiji and Canada.
USA Sevens: 1. Carlin Isles, , 2. Nick Edwards, 3. Andrew Durutalo, 4. Nu'u Punimata, 5. Zack Test, 6. Brett Thompson, 7. Folau Niua, 8. Pat Blair, 9. Pono Haitsuka, 10. Zac Mizell, 11. Stephen Tomasin, 12. Miles Craigwell
- Treu selects first Kenya Sevens squad »
- Test wing Jones makes Scotland Sevens return »
- Kaka back as All Blacks Sevens set for Dubai »
- Australia call up Stannard for injured Clark »
- Gray one of four changes for England Sevens »
- Du Preez and Kolbe return to boost Bok Sevens »
- Kleeberger returns for Canada Sevens in Dubai »
- Gomez Cora names Argentina Sevens squad »